CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

MOOD<3

The mood of this story is depressing. Ender's Game was really exhilarating and fun full of action. Yet, in the beginning of the story, it starts the story of Ender being a outsider getting bullied by Stilson, the gang. And also later on of the story, he is the outcast again at his new school due to the teachers' plans of creating isolation and frustration. The first isolation that the teachers planned was to complement him on the first day so everyone would hate him due to jeolousy. Later on, they planned isolation again by making him the best soldier by forcing him tasks of battles. Everyone even one of his closest friends turned cold to him. Some people even wanted to kill him. I felt really sorry because Ender always cried out to go back to his home never to become like Peter. Even though he knew the teachers' plans, he couldn't do anything except to follow their plans. He thought of Valentine and missed her every time and cried in sorrow longing to go back. I felt really sorry for him because teachers controlled everything about him. They made Ender into a murderous killer whom Ender never wanted to become to be.

2 comments:

Stacy Park said...

I also felt really sad for Ender. He was crying for home, I mean for Valentine. How would I feel if I were Ender and was isolated from peers when Ender really wanted to have friends. However, the school didn't accept to have the letter or send the letters which made Ender more fusturated and gloomy. Therefore the mood was depressing. However, it's not that this book had only despressing mood. The mood of this book was also tensed and exciting (although you can't see it very easily). When Ender was playing games, it was always tensed. It had also exciting mood when Ender was with his friend who he met from the battle school and played battles from the Commader School.
Good Job Kathie!

Anonymous said...

I think the mood is really dark, sad, and depressing. I was really sad when Ender read Valentine's letter. And it was always dark when he had battle. I also felt sad when I read a part where he was wang-dda... He was eating by himself and so on. I don't know about others but if I see someone eating alone, I want to go and eat with that person, I feel so sorry for that person.^^;;