CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

SETTINGS<3

Ender's Game is a sciene-fictin novel. Therefore, the setting is very imaginative and creative. First of all, the main task of this book is to defeat and destroy alien buggers. So obviously, the setting of this book takes place out in the space away from earth.
The first place that looked science-fictional and fictional was the spaceship(?). Ender and his other mates were first launched into the Battleschool traveled by the spaceship. The significant part was when they were putting on the seat belts to keep them from flowing all over the spaceship. I liked this part becaue I wanted to experiment it myself. What would happen if there was no gravity at all and bump all over the places of the spaceship?
The other fictional location that I found significant was the battleroom. The battleroom is where two armies fought in zero gravity. This setting let me use my full imagination and creativity: soft carpeted walls, transparent doors(gates) and no gravity. The soldiers bounced off the walls when they had made movements one to another. They could just not suddenly stop as they were flowing/flying unless they bump into a wall or each other.
I wanted to be in a setting where Ender's Game took in place because I can't really experience in real where I can be flowing around. I wanted to experience!

0 comments: